Friday, August 29, 2008

Temple Square, Fishing, Camping, Doing the Utah Thing!

Some of the other activities that we did while we were in UT.... We went to Temple square hung out and took family pictures. We also showed the kids the huge statue of Christ in the visitors center and they liked that a lot. I had Camden (my sister Katie's oldest child age 2) with me and he looked up at the statue and said "He a good guy?" "He gunna get me?" I just smiled and told him Jesus was a good guy. Here are the pictures from that adventure.



This is me trying to get all three kids smiling and looking at the camera at once, obviously it was not a total success.
This picture is hilarious..... you may ask why? It's not obvious why but if you look closely Jaxon is holding up the peace sign under his chin. The reason that is funny is I continually told Jax don't hold up the peace sign while we are taking pictures, he was so sneaky he got this one in on me. Typical Jax.
I title this picture REALITY because this is what it was really like while trying to get some cute pictures. This is what it looked like with out threats and offers for treats if they smiled.
Jaxon really likes to match outfits together for him and Mason (and Dad if he allows it). It is cute the first time and down right annoying the rest of the time. They only have two of the same shirts so it gets tricky the other 5 days of the week. Many tantrums have come over this idea of matching. He certainly loves his brother Mason.
My cute Mom and Dad.





We went fishing and camping as well while in Utah. We fished at a stocked fish pond in Payson. It was perfect for the kids because there is not too much waiting time before you get one on your line. Each kid caught a fish or two.





Here is Camden holding his prize. Seems simple enough right, no... it took him about 20 minutes and 50 tries before this fish did not slip out of his hand. He was persistant and it cracked me up when he finally got it.



Here is Sydney getting ready to cast.
Here is the cast.
Here is the fish. I could not believe she would touch it while it was still alive. Again she surprises me in her bravery.
Jax with his proud catch!
This pictures is priceless, Jaxon at one point thought we were taking the fish home as pets. So when they went to clean the fish, and they were basically still alive the shock shows on Jaxon's face. Poor kid!


The matching clothes trend continues. Here Jaxon had Camden in his clothes so they can match while camping. Needless to say Camden did not take the oversized outfit off once during the trip. Jax was ecstatic.
Sydney and Jaxon climbed any tree they could! They loved it in the canyon.


All in all the trip was so much fun and a great success. We are glad to be able to have such great family on both sides. Thanks again to all who showed us great hospitality.







4 comments:

Danielle said...

We have missed you! I think we are getting together tomorrow night?? I would please like to see all 3 of your boys in their matching outfits if we do. Preferably something pink or plaid, not sure which one yet..=)

Natalie said...

I wish we could have made it to Utah. We need to meet up. I can't wait to squeeze that little Mason. He is so darn cute! Keep the posts coming!

Keri said...

Small world when you are mormon. I was meaning to email you and tell you my little sister was moving to your town but I guesss I dont have to . Fun huh. I guess we will be seeing each other sometime in the next year or so. Well my sister has to have a bay first. Love all the pic. of your family. How fun to have such fun sister and play.

Nicole said...

I wish we could have crossed paths while we were there...I know Barrett got to see Cameron. I want to see your baby!